Medico chirurgo specialista in ostetricia e ginecologia
Medico chirurgo specialista in ostetricia e ginecologia
- Gynecologist at the Centre for the Health of Foreign Women and Their Children, Department of Primary Care, Bologna Health Care Services
- Contact person for the integration of MnC in the areas: Women’s Health and Oncology,
- Head of the Experimental Acupuncture Service of Bologna Health Care Service for women with breast cancer
- Principal investigator of MED.IO. RER and AcCliMaT studies (Acupuncture as supportive care in oncological patients: protocol of Med.I.O.RER: a feasibility study – Acupuncture and women with breast cancer: AcCliMaT ) Bologna Health Care Services.
- Component of the Non-Conventional Regional Medicine Observatory (OMNCER)
- 1975-77 Observer and Researcher in the social and health care field at the Social and Health Care Services of San Donato/San Vitale/Granarolo dell’Emilia (Bologna).
- 1975-85 First as a student, and then as a doctor, I was part of the Human Reproduction Physiopathology Service of the Obstetric Clinic of St. Orsola Hospital in Bologna. I concentrated my activity on gynecological endocrinology and particularly focused on creating and directing a service for climacteric and menopausal women.
- 1978-79 Professional training at Maternità-D’Azeglio Hospital of Maggiore Hospital, Bologna.
- 1979-1985 General Practitioner in Bologna 1988-present Private practice in Acupuncture in Bologna, Italy
- 1978-97 Gynecologist at the Women’s Health Care Service Pilastro in Bologna.
- 1978 to 1985 I analyzed our patients’ needs in order to improve our service and to create a specific form for collecting data about them.
- 1995- present Gynecologist at the Centre for the Health of Foreign Women and Their Children, in Bologna
- 1997-8 Member of the Organization and Development Group of the Bologna Health Care Service, which aimed to define the best quality standards for assessment and accreditation at Maggiore Hospital of Bologna Mar-Dec
- 1999 Supervisor of a group of experts aimed at improving the approach of foreign women and children with local health care services and Maternità Hospital of Bologna.
- 2000 Member of the Improvement Project for the Accreditation of Bologna Health Care Services, my activity particularly focused on the Centre for the Health of Foreign Women and Their Children.
- 2001 Researcher of the Multicentric Research Project about Therapeutic Efficacy of Acupuncture in Menopause, promoted by the Matteo Ricci Foundation in cooperation with Women’s Health Care Department – Menopause Project, Bologna.
- 2002- present Head of the Experimental Acupuncture Service of Bologna Health Care Service for menopausal women.
- 2004 –present Head of the Bologna Health Care Service and Research Project: Prospective Study about Using Acupuncture for Controlling Climacteric Symptoms in Women Which Cannot Use Hormone Replacement Therapy.
- Nov 2004-present Contact Person for the Women’s Health Care Service (U.O.Consultori) for Project Survey about Women’s Health Between 45 and 65. This project is carried out in cooperation with Complemed, University of Western Sydney, Australia.
- Nov 2004-present Contact Person for the Women’s Health Care Service (U.O.Consultori) at the Observatory for NCM of Emilia Romagna Region.
Education and Training
- 1977 Bologna University, Bologna Italy medical degree General practice
- 1981 Florence University, Florence, Italy specialist General Endocrinology
- 1985 Bologna University, Bologna, Italy Specialist Gynaecology and Obstetrics
- 1999 Acupuncture School of the City of Bologna Acupuncturist Acupuncture
Trainings in the Field of Acupuncture and NCM (Non-Conventional Medicine)
- 1984-88 Four Year Course in Acupuncture and Complementary Techniques at the Italian School of Chinese Medicine – belonging to FISA (Italian Federation of Acupuncture Societies). Final thesis: Menstrual Headache: An Outline and Some Clinical Cases.
- 1992-3 Postgraduate Course in Rational Bases of Chinese Medicine at the D’Annunzio University in Chieti, Italy.
- Feb-Mar 2000 Course in Chinese Dietetics promoted by the Matteo Ricci Foundation and School, Italy.
- Dec 2001- Feb 2002 Theoretical and Practical Course in Chinese Therapeutic Gymnastics promoted by the Matteo Ricci Foundation in Civitanova Marche, Italy.
- Oct 26-31, 2001 The Advanced Course in Acupuncture held by the China Guangzhou International Training Centre of Traditional Chinese Medicine at the University of Traditional Chinese Medicine in Canton, China.
- Nov 1-3 2001 The Third China Guangzhou International Conference of Traditional Chinese Medicine.
- 2005 e 2008 Two study trips to China Shao Lin, Yunnan perfecting Chinese medicine and Chinese therapeutic gymnastics
- 2010/11 Master integrated and non-conventional medicine Bologna University 2012 study trip ZHEJIANG CHINESE MEDICAL UNIVERSIT Y, Hangzhou CINA
Trainings in the Field of Organization
- Jun 4-8 1990 Course: 1st One Week Seminar on Quality Assessment and Monitoring, held in Bologna by Professor Avis Donabidian, Member of the USA National Scientific Academy, promoted by Emilia Romagna Region.
- Mar 1997 Course: Developing and Assuring Quality in Health Care Services promoted by the Bologna Health Care Service.
- Feb 2-4 1998 Course: A Training for Quality System Auditors in Health Care Services, held at Tinozzi Dept. of Hospital Bellaria, Bologna, promoted by Emilia Romagna Region.
- Sep 29-Oct 6 1998 Updating Seminar: A Seminar for Defining Requirements for Quality Assessment aimed to the Accreditation of Health Care Services.
- Dec 20 1999 One Day Workshop: Some Proposals from the Improvement Group for the year 2000. Jan 27 2001 Meeting Women’s Health Care Services in Emilia Romagna from the Past up to Now, promoted by Emilia Romagna Region.
- Head of the Bologna Women’s Health (U.O. Consultori AUSL of Bologna) for Unconventional Medicine Research Project
- Contact Person for the Women’s Health Care Service (U.O. Consultori AUSL of Bologna) for Project Survey about Women’s Health Between 45 and 65. This project is carried out in cooperation with Complemed, University of Western Sydney, Australia.
- Non Columbia Reaserchers (Oct 2006) Columbia University training for investigators in epidemiology and the social and behavioral science Columbia University CITI Course in the Protection of Humann training for research with minors
- 1980 Blighted Ovum Syndrome: Endocrinological and Ecographic Outlines. by Possati G., Melega C., Lesi G., Zalewska B., Orsini L. F., Rizzo N., Michelacci L. in Bollettino della Società di Medicina e Chirurgia di Modena, Volume 80 – Supplement 20. 1980
- 1981 Extra Glandular Estrogen Production in Postmenopausal Women With and Without Endometrial Cancer: A Comparison Between “In Vitro” and “In Vivo” Results.by Jasonni V. M., Lodi V., Preti S., Bonavia M., Lesi G., Bolelli G. and Flamigni C. of the Physiopathology of Human Reproduction Dept. at the Gynecologic and Obstetric Clinic in Sant’Orsola Hospital of Bologna, in Cancer Detection and Prevention, Volume 3 – Number 1 – Fourth International Symposium on the Prevention and Detection of Cancer.
- 1991 For the Women of Pilastro. An Analysis and Some Suggestions for Improving Women’s Health Care Services. by Lesi G., Corsino A., Curcio Rubertini B., Montaguti U. in COME 1991– the magazine of the Welfare Dept. of the Emilia Romagna Region-.
- 2002 Acupuncture for Menopausal Women Which Cannot Use Hormone Replacement Therapy: Starting an Integrated Action in Bologna Health Care Services. by Lesi G., Taroni B., Teglio L., Manfredi M., Di Micco R. Melega C. in the Meeting Non-Conventional Therapies in Reproduction Medicine held in Modena, Italy 2002.
- 2003 Acupuncture: An Opportunity for Women Which Cannot Use Hormone Replacement Therapy: First Evidences of Integrated Medicine at the Bologna Health Care Center. by Lesi G., Di Micco R., Taroni B., Tolomelli S., De March L., Manfredi M., Matrà N. in the SIM (Italian Society for Menopause) Meeting held in Modena 2003.
- 2008 Contribution to Immigration volume, cultural mediation and health of Claudio Baraldi, Viola Barbers, Guido Giarelli; and. Il Mulino
- 2010 Publications on research into non-conventional medicine into the Region Emilia Romagna: Dossier n. No 186/2009 and on the dossier. 187/2009
- 2010 “The use of complementary and alternative medicine by women experiencing menopausal symptoms in Bologna” Francesco Cardini, Grazia Lesi, Flavia Lombardo, Corinne van der Sluijs and SCG Menopause Survey Collaborative Group; BMC Women’s Health 2010, 10:7
- 2012 “Acupuncture in the management of menopausal symptoms in wom en diagnosed with breast cancer: an uncontrolled experimental pilot study”, Lesi Grazia, Gramenzi Annagiulia, Garavini Clede Maria, Cardini Francesco – European Journal of Integrative Medicine, Volume 4, Supplement 1, September 2012,Page 15 2012 “Vitamin K injection in San Yin Jiao acupoint (SP6) to treat severe primary dysmenorrhoea: results of a pilot study”, Lesi Grazia, Gramenzi Annagiulia, Gammi Liviana, Cardini Francesco -European Journal of Integrative Medicine, Volume 4, Supplement 1, September 2012 Page 51
- 2012 “Acupuncture as an Integrated intervention for the control of symptoms of climacteric syndrome in patients affected by breast cancer: the AcCliMaT projects”, Lesi Grazia, Razzini Giorgia, Petrucci Chiara, Pandolfi Paolo, Artioli Fabrizio, Rondini Ermanno, Ligabue Maria Bernadette, Scaltriti Laura, Botti Alberto, Gramenzi Annagiulia, Benedetti Benedetta, Colombi Cristina, Cardini Francesco – European Journal of Integrative Medicine, Volume 4, Supplement 1, September 2012,Pages 14-15
- 2013 “Social and Cultural Factors Affecting Complementary and Alternative Medicine (CAM) Use during Menopause in Sydney and Bologna” – Corinne van der Sluijs, Flavia Lombardo, Grazia Lesi, Alan Bensoussan, and Francesco Cardini Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 836234, 6 pages
- March 2016 Acupuncture As an Integrative Approach for the Treatment of Hot Flashes in Women With Breast Cancer: A Prospective Multicenter Randomized Controlled Trial (AcCliMaT), Grazia Lesi, Giorgia Razzini, Muriel Assunta Musti, Elisa Stivanello, Chiara Petrucci, Benedetta Benedetti, Ermanno Rondini, Maria Bernadette Ligabue, Laura Scaltriti, Alberto Botti, Fabrizio Artioli, Pamela Mancuso,Francesco Cardini, and Paolo Pandolfi. http://jco.ascopubs.org/cgi/doi/10.1200/JCO.2015.63.2893 Published Ahead of Print on March 28, 2016 as 10.1200/JCO.2015.63.2893
- Sept 2016 Acupuncture and women with breast cancer: predictors of response Elisa Stivanello, Muriel Assunta Musti, Giorgia Razzini, Grazia Lesi, for the ACcliMat study group Poster IMM 2016 focus ON Integrative Oncology http://www.integrative-medicine-meeting.com/
- Sept 2016 Viscum album and acupuncture as supportive care in oncological patients: protocol of Med.I.O.Rer, a feasibility study Grazia Lesi, Elisa Stivanello, Giorgia Razzini , Franco Desiderio, Guido Giarelli, Maurizio Impallomeni,Alessandra Longhi,Ermanno Rondini, Corrado Ruozi for the Mediorer group Poster IMM 2016 focus ON Integrative Oncology http://www.integrative-medicine-meeting.com/
- 2017 Acupuncture Point Injection of Vitamin K1 to Treat Severe Primary Dysmenorrhea: Case Series at a Women’s Health Service in Bologna Grazia Lesi, Annagiulia Gramenzi, Clarissa Frascà, Francesco Cardini, Clede Maria Garavini- Chinese Medicine Vol.08 No.01(2017), Article ID:75063,9 pages 10.4236/cm.2017.81004